Followers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wake up and...

make the roses!

We received lots of mail yesterday asking for the tutorial of our paper roses so Ladies, grab your latte and follow us to the work table...

We start with a pile of stained coffee filters...we drink instant coffee so we hand stain each filter but you can use the used coffee filters out of your coffee machine...(let them dry and get rid of the coffee first!)

Depending on how full you want your rose to be, you can work with one or two filters at the time.
Fold it in half:

From one end, start wrapping the paper, not too tight...

all the way to the end...

The side from where you are holding your rose, will look like this:

We wrap an easy to twist wire around the end....

and while we watch some T.V...

we play with each petal, shaping them like the real ones ...

Once we have made a few roses, we form our bouquet.
This is a picture of the back...

You can cover the stems with some vintage binding, but we love the contrast between the vintage look of the roses and the silver wire...


Now, if you don't have time to make your own bouquet, you can purchase one HERE.
For $12.00 (including shipping) you get a bouquet of 6 large roses and 2 buds.

Our roses are very easy to use in a bouquet or individually...
You'll get enough roses to decorate your chandelier, like we did in our previous post, make a beautiful indoors wreath or finish up a Fall vignette...


Hope you enjoyed our simple tut and will give it a try!
Hugs,
Marcela & Clara

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FUN ACTIVITY ON MONDAYS, STOP BY, LINK TO OUR JUNKIN' MONDAY PARTY
AND SHARE YOUR VINTAGE FINDS WITH US!!

20 comments:

bikim said...

THANKS THANKS! your're both really sweet!! giving us th chance to do such gorgeous flowers. I'll try to doo them; they are just amazing. Have a lovely weekend,
Rosa

ps. are you brazilian? can i write in portuguese?

blushing rose said...

Your pictures are not all showing up ... but TYSM for sharing your creations. They are wonderful! Have a lovely weekend ... TTFN ~Marydon

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

I'm SUCH a fan of these...LOVE!! thanks for the how-to!!! xo

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Thansk for the tut...can't wait to make these!

I'm seeing all your pictures just fine.

Sue said...

You need to come down and join my CR Family!! All that talent, bottled up and just waiting to be purchased. Take care.

The French Bear said...

Thank you so much, I was making mine way too difficult, what a better way this is!!!!!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Debra@CommonGround said...

Thanks gals for taking the time to show us how to do this, they are absolutely so wonderful! Can't wait to try some.
Debra

LuLu Kellogg said...

Thank you SO much for doing the tutorial on this. You both are so giving to others to share your creations and how to's. I am definitely making some of these!

Love to you both,
LuLu~*xoxo

Outofmymind said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Lori said...

thanks for the how to..i think this is a little different than the other directions i had for these...your technique is more user friendly!!!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Thanks for the paper rose tutorial, girls. Another fast and fun project from you guys!

Quiltpiecer said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I went out today to buy coffee filters so I could TRY to make my own. But SO glad you gave us the how-to! So much easier than I thought ... thanks for sharing!

Barbara Jean said...

These are lovely.
I play around with paper roses also.
Want to be really adventuresome?
Try making them out of tea bag papers!!
Makes the cutest little 1/2" roses you have ever seen!

blessings
barbara jean

Mollye said...

Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial. I adore coffee filter flowers and this one is different and easier than the others I've tried. Beautiful. I will be following you!

Casa Mia said...

Thank you Marcela and Clara for your kind words. You made me smile. I'll have to try these for sure! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful coffee filters! Can't believe how creative this is and how beautiful they turn out. Thanks for sharing the idea and tutorial.
pk @ room remix

Andy Porter said...

So so so lovely! I love how simple and elegant they look. They look gorgeous in front of the white! Of course I don't mind you linking!! I'm honored!! I can't wait to spend some time here.
~Andy @ Poppies @ Play

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I'll be making these with my daughters...but we might color them first with markers. :)

Leanne said...

Those look beautiful, but I don't drink coffee. I might have to buy some later. Do they smell like coffee? I like the smell of coffee, it reminds me of my Mamaw and Papaw. Thanks for sharing. I'm having a giveaway today. Stop by if you get a chance and enter to win.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

beautiful! thanks for teaching us how to do it!
gail