Followers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What do we need a computer for???

My husband still laughs at me because about 8 or 9 years ago I said: What do we need a computer for????...Now, we can't even imagine not having one! It took me some time to get to know each other, I had to get used to usernames and passwords, emails and www's...... I remember that our first computer was set up in the garage, sorry honey, your computer is not cottage or shabby enough for our decor. It's not white, distressed or cute!! Slowly but surely the ugly screen worked her way into our loft and I've got to admit it, became part of the family. It's with the computer that I share my first cup of morning coffee while organizing carpools, sharing pictures, reading silly jokes and making new friends. My computer showed me a huge world out there. A world full of shabby chic lovers, of talented artists, a world of blogs that delight and inspire me. A world full of groups ready to share knowledge and experiences, groups where I've met many women that just like me, drive kids back and forth, tend a garden, hate laundry and love to create while dreaming of far away places.
My computer allowed me to enter Lynn's giveaway and for the first time in my life I won something! The package came in today, and inside, wrapped in pretty pink tissue was my gift...a beautiful collage made by Lynn herself, the sweetest altered spoon and a pretty doily. Lynn lives in Ontario, Canada. She's an artist, a crafter, a mom, she loves linens and you can visit her and her creations at
http://therosecottage.blogspot.com/.



Her "Come to Tea" collage will be treasured forever, I will keep it close to the computer just to remind myself that sometimes it's a good thing to embrace change and move along with technology...at least with some of it, don't talk to me about Bluetooth or Texting...I can't even go there!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Marcella, I am so happy your gifts arrived safely and that you like them :)
I feel the same way about the computer, and have met some amazing people here online, and yes, first thing I do in the morning is turn on my computer, and sit here with my coffee :)