Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Now Hiring Garage Sale Helpers...


I don't know if this ever happened to you before, but for some reason my kids always get very excited about having a garage sale...at least until the night before of the event. Well, this past weekend we had our Annual Neighborhood Sale and as a way to raise some money for our soccer team, we participated. Families from the team donated their most precious possessions: old bikes, stereos, soccer cleats in great condition and in original boxes, crystal chess game (sorry, sold!), all wonderful garage sale material that got cleaned up, priced and ready to sell.

But somehow, all the excitement on my kids died during the night and the next morning bright and early I was on my driveway and open for business while my kids, tucked in bed, dreamed of spending the money!

I've got to say that throughout the morning, my husband Dario, proved once more to be a great salesperson and an excellent coffee maker. He was also very, very happy to see some of our own junk gone. On the end we made almost $400.00 for the team, we donated the leftover stuff to the Goodwill and by the end of the day my husband and I had some funny stories to tell the kids...yep, the same kids that couldn't wait to have a garage sale but somehow managed to sleep thru it all...
Clara


1 comment:

Sherry said...

LOL!! Yes!!! Kids can be so enthusiastic about something -- until the "real" work begins and then they are nowhere to be found!! I had help with my garage sale last year because youngest son needed community service hours for high school so he and his buddy helped out, otherwise....