Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Things change...

With 4 teenagers now between the two of us, Halloween is just not what it used to be...
How cute are they???? This was Halloween 1997...

With time, even our decor has changed.
No more spider webs or scary moving rats or talking skeletons...
Now we decorate with a less scary but more sophisticated look...
Are you up for a tour? Come in, let us show you what we mean...

Welcome to Clara's house...

where subtle touches in the entryway will let you know that this family is ready for the Season...

The dining room table:
Pearls, crystals, and rhinestones happily mixed with burlap and straw...


Shells are replaced by a collection of "fall" paintings, pumpkins and gourds...

More black and orange on the mantle...

Inside the china cabinet...
(The sisters tag was made by Chas at the Wild Raspberry: Adorable!)

and under the cloches...

Yes, things and times change...and as we look back, of course we feel a little nostalgic, but we choose to look forward and get excited for the good things to come because...


"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies"
~Author Unknown~


11 comments:

bikim said...

Adorei!!!!!!!!! está espetacular!!! infelizmente não temos a tradição mas tb tou planear uma festinha, mas ao contrário de vocês só coloco a maior parte da decoração na véspera.
tudo de bom,
Rosa

Lori said...

what a great quote...Clara's home looks adorable...i love the "eek" sign and the little pumpkin gal!!!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I'm not a big Halloween decorator, but your little touches are wonderful. My children are still young, but things are nonetheless starting to change - I do love that quote.

cindy@cottage instincts said...

Great touches! I love the pumpkins best...and the kiddos were oh so cute!

LuLu Kellogg said...

beautiful decor! I love the small touches of fall (and Halloween).

LuLu~*xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween Ladies!

Wonderful photo's you have. I love Halloween and we will be carving our pumpkins here at the Pink Pig tonight.

Sue said...

The pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes are so cute. I love the old Halloween pictures of my kids. The time does move by so quickly. Love Clara's Halloween decorations! Take care.

LuLu said...

awwww i love that quote, now that i have tears in my eyes cause my chickadees will be older one day.... love your decor... sophisticated halloween, love it,
xo,
LuLu

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Halloween does change- doesn't it?! I have so many plastic pumpkins from the kiddie days! Your decor is lovely...Spooky sweet! My college age kids are so into costumes noe-who knew?! I have my son's picture up on my blog...so silly!
~Nancy

Debra@CommonGround said...

When my girls were young we had the most fun at Halloween, now they are grown-ups and I miss the good ole days. Your Halloween decor is lovely, great mix of simplified and sophisticated! Have a good one!
Debra

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I loved you post so much. The touch of orange and black was beautiful.

cindy@stitches