Followers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just a little bragging!!

It's Sunday morning, the family is sleeping, is raining and I feel like bragging a little....just a little...
Friday night I received an email that took me totally by surprise and made me very, very happy at the same time. It was from Chel, the founder of ZNE. She told me that SHE loved and picked one of MY digital collages to be on the front page of the ZNE site....and I'm sooo touched!

First, because ZNE is full of wonderful, talented artists and I always thought that I was not really good enough to belong to that group, I joined just because it was an on line group and I didn't have to talk or show my work in person....easier this way to take a No, sorry!

Second, because I just started playing around with digital collages. My son Mathias is teaching me the basics, and I love it so much that I'm seriously considering taking a class. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

This is "Take your wings..." the collage Chel picked

Until a couple of years ago, I couldn't even spell the word computer, and here I am Sunday morning, in pyjamas, drinking some coffee and "posting" on a "blog", on my "HP", waiting for the "wireless printer" to "scan" so I can "upload" images and create!!, I guess I'm taking my wings and flying!

If you never visited ZNE before, click here. You can also meet Chel here, you'll be inspired...after all, you never know where your wings will take you!

Things are only impossible until they're not.
~Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Woo hoooooooo, and congratulations Marcela, I am SO happy for you, because I know you are just starting in digital design and because you are a friend :) Your collage is wonderful and very worthy of being published on any site. Who knows how far a person can grow , keep on learing girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow...brag all you want that is fantastic! I am so happy for you! You are getting good at this collage stuff! Congrats!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Weeeeeeeeeeee! Congrats Marcela! That is awesome!

LuLu~*xoxo

Jenn said...

That is seriously so fabulous! Yay Marela. Although I have to say, I'm totally not surprised at all, you do an amazing job and I LOVE that mixed media piece they chose, it's gorgeous! Looks like I'll be paying BIG bucks for my next banner ;) No worries though, totally worth it! Have you thought about selling them on Etsy for fun?

Congratulations!! Hmm... can I get a digital signature on my banner... it might be worth something some day ;)